Re: non-shakuhachi related question.

From: Shigeru Nakajima (s_yomei@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 05:03:46 PDT

--0-113719562-1032264226=:16595

Hello Aiko-san,

It may be more strange that a Japanese answers the question which was asked to
non Japanese about Japan.

In general, an ISP has a roaming service which allows the users to access the
Internet in other countries with no or a little charge. So at first you had
better check whether your ISP has the service. If they have such a service in
Japan, you can connect some access points they provide with the users, without
big change of your mail soft settings.

Some major ISPs provide with no charge roaming service, for example, AOL, AT&T
world net or So-net (Japanese side). Most people who have same situation use
these ISPs.

If you will stay in Japan for short time, you may be able to utilise no charge
initial term of some ISPs. I don't know what condition any ISP has. Please
check Japanese ISPs. The AOL in Japan also has such service but you may have
to cancel it by phone in person when you'll go back to the US.

If you want to use only email access for the Internet, you can use the
smallest service by any ISP. For example, @Nifty (biggest ISP in Japan) has
one hour course. This course is only \250/month (not include GST). There must
be ISPs which have the similar condition in Japan.

As above, you have many choices.

Shigeru