Re: Coltrane poster?

From: Rich Powers (rpowers@stanford.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 10:16:25 PDT

--=====================_1368017==_.ALT

The Church of Saint John lives on Gough Street now. They use the hall at
St. Paulus.

http://www.saintjohncoltrane.org/

I have seen the original painted icon; it's about three feet square and it
is powerful stuff.

Rich Powers
Operations Manager
Stanford Music Library
rpowers@stanford.edu

At 08:35 PM 9/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>>I haven't seen that poster, but I have seen an icon portraying John as a
>>saint. It seems that a group of African, Eastern Orthodox Christians have
>>deified Mr. Coltrane. The icon shows him in full splendor along with his
>>tenor horn. It is a real show stopper. Any corrections to this impression
>>are welcome. The original is in California somewhere. Many years ago a
>>university radio station show did a multi week segment on Coltrane
>>entitled "A force for good".

--=====================_1368017==_.ALT

the hall at St. Paulus. <br>
I have seen the original painted icon; it's about three feet square and
it is powerful stuff.<br>
Rich Powers<br>
Operations Manager<br>
Stanford Music Library<br>
rpowers@stanford.edu<br>
At 08:35 PM 9/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
poster, but I have seen an icon portraying John as a saint. It seems that
a group of African, Eastern Orthodox Christians have deified Mr.
Coltrane. The icon shows him in full splendor along with his tenor horn.
It is a real show stopper. Any corrections to this impression are
welcome. The original is in California somewhere. Many years ago a
university radio station show did a multi week segment on Coltrane
entitled &quot;A force for