haiku and shakuhachi

From: daniel G. Soergel (dsoergel@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 18:25:42 PDT

I remember reading once about Basho's reaction to hearing the shakuhachi
for the first time. (!) Does anyone have the quote handy? I have been
asked to talk about the haiku-shakuhachi connection at an upcoming
concert for a haiku group, and would appreciate any information
available- including famous or obscure poems about our beloved bamboo-

Daniel Soergel

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.