Shakuhachi CDs

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 10:23:20 PDT

Hi all,

To my great enjoyment and happiness, the concert of Ishigure sensei & Marco
was a success although the bad rain was very uncooperative. I believe some
of the shakuhachi mailing list were there also.

In addition to Ishigure sensei & Marco san, Yoshikami sensei who lectures on
Japanese Performing arts for the Honors program at UMD played koto and sang
Yugao. That was also a treat for us koto lovers. She is an exceptional
classical koto singer and she specializes in the classical repertory (
kokyoku kotouta ).

The program was :

1) Yugao ( Shamisen, Koto, Shakuhachi)
2) Sanan (Shakuhachi)
3) Haruno Umi(koto Shakuhachi)
4) Tori no Yoni( Koto)
5) Jyogen no Tuski(Koto and Shakuhachi)
6) Aika( 17 gen & shakuhachi)

Sound of shakuhachi was so beautiful - we cried. Marco used a very long
shakuhachi for Sanan. It looked almost 80 cm long or longer.
Sanan melody was apparently originated from Niigata area . It is believed
that "Sanan" is Master Jimbo Masanosuke's version of "Sanya" which is
sometimes called "Jimbo Sanya" or "O-syu-saji". Anyway it was an
extraordinary piece. We were speechless when he finished.

At any rate, I was supposed to be in charge of selling their CDs last night,
however, trying to do so many things, I forgot about it. Now I have bunch of
CDs that I should distribute to the local record shops. I wonder if any of
you be interested in some of those CDs of Marco Lienhard or Ishigure
sensei's. If you do, write to me at aikop@erols.com

I hope I am not doing illegal thing here! If I am, please forgive and
disregard.

Still thinking about the music from last night,
Aiko Ichimura,

Marco san's titled "Take no Shi " contains:

The second one contains:
1) Daha
2) Takeda no komoriuta
3) Sanya
4) kaigarabushi
5) shinngetsu
6) sagariha
7) Take no shi
8) Honshirabe
9) Suzuru
10) Nezasa shirabe
11) tsuru no Sugomori
12) Fantasie

1) Lullaby of Itsuki and Kojo no Tsuki
2) Tamuke
3) Sanya
4) Yamagoe
5) Lullby from Shimabara
6: Sannan
7) Esashi Oiwake
8) Sokkan
9) Amazing Grace

He has a Taiko Drum CD called Taikoza:

1) Beginning
2 Take no shi
3) Hachijyou
4) Yamagoe
5) Eisa
6) Yuzuru
7) oodaiko
8)Yatai Bayashi

Ishigure sensei's CD :

1)Tori no Yoni(Flying Like a Bird) - Tadao Sawai 1985
2) Haru no Umi( The Sea in Spring) - Michio Miyagi 1930
3) Sunae (Sand Painting) - Tadao Sawai 1972
4) Futatsu no Genso(Two Variations - SAKURA and KOJO NO TSUKI) - Tadao Sawai
1971
5) Emu (Picture Dreams) - Hideaki Kuribayashi 1975
6) Haru no Yo(A Spring Night) - Michio Miyagi 1913
7) Midnight Rain- Elizabeth Falconer 1989

Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com
Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com