Re: Cleaning the outside

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 07:24:11 PDT

>From: Dcammaro@aol.com
>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:24:05 EDT
>Subject: Cleaning the outside
>
>I just got a dynamite 2.0 looks and sounds great. However the
>outside has a gummy build up on it possibly from over oiling. Any
>suggestions on how to clean it?

I also had an old flute with an accumulation from the ages. I mixed
up a light solution of warm water and dish detergent and applied
it with a well-wrung sponge. It took a a number of gentle passes
with the sponge to cut throught the years, but it came off easily.
Then I ran the shak under the faucet to rinse it off. After it
was all done, I re-oiled the roots with some walnut oil, as they
appeared a bit dried out.

That was a year ago and it still looks good.

Other ideas?

bj

-