Re: Shakuhachi CDs

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 06:03:30 PDT

Hi all,

Thank you for people who inquired about the CDs that I have for the moment.
I was listening to one of Marco's CD and realized that he uses 3 kinds of
shakuhachis.
I thought it might be useful for people to know which piece uses which
length.
I added the information where I can find the information below.

Particularly Honshirabe, he uses 3jyaku 6 sun(111 cm) or 43.5 inches, a very
long one. The range of the sound is very wide to me. It sounds very
haunting. You can find out about he and his group's activities at
http://www.taikoza.com

Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com

 Marco san's "Take no Shi " contains:

 The second one contains:
 1) Daha 2.7
 2) Takeda no komoriuta 2.7
 3) Sanya 2.7
 4) Kaigarabushi 1.8,2.7 and 3.6
 5) Shinngetsu 2.7
 6) Sagariha 2.7
 7) Take no shi 2.7 and 1.8
 8) Honshirabe 3.6
 9) Suzuru 1.8 (also known as the old version of Tsuru no Sugomori. It's
also called Koden Sugomori. one of the oldest version)
 10) Nezasa shirabe 2.7
 11) Tsuru no Sugomori 1.8
 12) Fantasie 1.8, 2.7 and 3.61