Sankyoku play along CD question

From: Karl Young (kyoung@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 11:41:21 PDT

I'm gearing up to try and study some sankyoku pieces and I recall
hearing about some "music minus one" sankyoku recordings. As I recall I
heard that Yamaguchi Goro recorded a set of CD's for which one could
play with the shakuhachi part or turn down the shakuhachi channel and
just play with shamisen and koto; and I think that set was supposed to
have included scores. Does anyone have any information on the
existence/availability of this or other such sankyoku CD sets ? Thanks
for any information,

-- KY
Karl Young kyoung@slac.stanford.edu
SLAC M/S 71 PO Box 20450