Re: Kojiro Umezaki?

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:50:48 PDT

Hi all,

I actually saw him perform in a tent during the Smithsonian's Silk Road
Festival.
He was playing an improvisational piece with another Asian musician.
He must be an exceptional player.

The shakuhachi seemed to be connected to amplifier and produced
non-traditional feeling to my ears.
He seemed to be a composer of modern pieces. We got to hear only one piece
of his music and was pushed out of tent. But he was impressive. I wished I
could hear him play traditional pieces also. May be his CD has them.

Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com