Studying in Japan

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 12:20:30 PST

I would be very interested in the experiences of Americans who traveled to
Japan to study Shakuhachi. And yes, I know about Blowing Zen, I was more
interested in hearing about American Shakuhachi enthusiasts who traveled to
Japan, for either a short or long stay, with the explicit goal of studying
the shakuhachi.

Where did you study? How rewarding was it? How difficult was it to
overcome the language and cultural barriers? How expensive was the
experience? Any ddvice to offer to others who wish to follow in your path?

Stav