Re: Studying in Japan

From: Karen Pedersen (magic_bones@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 06:59:21 PST

Hello everyone,

Stav brings up a question that interests me as well,
as I will be travelling to Japan in December to teach
English in Sapporo. I've started studying shakuhachi
with the marvellous Helen Dryz and have a rudimentary
grasp of Tozan notation, as well as a plastic (gulp)
shakuhachi in D. Does anyone know of a teacher in or
near Sapporo, who would be willing to take on a female
student with a plastic shakuhachi? I intend to
upgrade eventually, but for now it's just me and PVC.
Any information would be wonderful. Thanks very much!

Karen Pedersen

--- Stav Tapuch <tapuch@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would be very interested in the experiences of
> Americans who traveled to
> Japan to study Shakuhachi. And yes, I know about
> Blowing Zen, I was more
> interested in hearing about American Shakuhachi
> enthusiasts who traveled to
> Japan, for either a short or long stay, with the
> explicit goal of studying
> the shakuhachi.
>
> Where did you study? How rewarding was it? How
> difficult was it to
> overcome the language and cultural barriers? How
> expensive was the
> experience? Any ddvice to offer to others who wish
> to follow in your path?
>
> Stav

> Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try
> MSN!

> <a

=====
Pessimism of the intellect,