Re: bay area japanese music summit update

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 01:57:23 PST

I wasn't quite speaking in terms of Shakuhachi study
when I made that statement. What I mean by that is,
seemingly in Seattle, shakuhachi activity is very low.
 The Japanese music scene here is quite good. But I
see very little done with shakuhachi.

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, every few weeks
(Seemingly), Shakuhachi-related things are happening.
I guess I'm a little envious of SF ;)

I do agree however, Japan is the best place to study
shaku. But I dont see that in my near future. Not
until I have made the absolute "self-playing"
shakuhachi. heh heh. ;) I may never achieve this, but
committed. Aren't unrealistic goals great? ;)

Anyways. Must get back to work.

Isaac

=====