upcoming concerts/CD sale

From: Philip Gelb (phil@philipgelb.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 22:26:14 PST

Below is a listing of upcoming concerts for the end of the year and
early January as well as news about my annual holiday CD sale and
information about several new CDs i will be releasing next year. For
more information, please see my website, http://www.philipgelb.com

2002 has been an incredible year! Started off with concerts in Japan
with Trio Natto and will end with A Space Between tour to New York
City, Montreal and upstate, NY. Other highlights of the year was the
establishment of my own music school, The Bay area shakuhachi school!
Upcoming concerts

The Space Between, a trio with Pauline Oliveros on accordion and Dana
Reason on piano will make our NYC debut and return to Montreal and
also perform in Troy, NY. The Space Between has been together for 5
years!

Thursday, December 5 Troy, NY RPI
Saturday, December 7 New York City 228 West Broadway
info@roulette.org Roulette please see http://www.roulette.org
for more information
Monday, December 9 Montreal, Canada Casa Del Popolo 4873
Boul.St-Laurent 514 284 3804 info@casadelpoplo.com
please see http://www.casadelpopolo.com for more information

Will begin the new year with a solo concert in San Francisco and some
southern california concerts and a huge Japanese music celebration
back in San Francisco

-Friday, January 3 San Francisco 8 pm Meridian Gallery; 545 Sutter
Street, 2nd floor 415 98-7229 http://www.meridiangallery.org
solo $10
-Saturday, January 4 2003, 7:30 PM Claremont, CA Folk Music
Center, 220 Yale Avenue, 909 624 2928 http://www.folkmusiccenter.org
solo lecture and performance; $10
-Sunday, January 5 Eagle Rock, California (near Los Angelos)
        Eagle Rock Community Center solo and duet with Alex Cline
(percussion); double bill with Ben Goldberg quartet for the Open Gate
Theatre concert series; more information: alexcline@worldnet.att.net
-Monday, January 6 Los Angeles Line Space Line / Salvation
Theater / 1519 Griffith Park Blvd. trio with Vinny Golia (winds)
and Sara Schoenbek (bassoon); email for more information
Friday, January 10, 2003 8 pm
Old First Church On Van Ness in San Francisco.
A huge Summit of Japanese music produced by myself, Shirley Muramoto
and Philip Flavin featuring many of the bay areas finsest performers
of shakuhachi, shamisen and koto including Shoko Hikage, Shirley
Muramoto, Philip Flavin, Philip Gelb and many more.

-January 31, 2002 8 pm
Oakland, California Piedmont Yoga Studio
$15
Shakuhachi grandmaster Kurahashi Yoshio solo and in duet with Philip
Gelb and Shoko Hikage.
Annual Holiday CD sale

 From Thanksgiving till New years, all of my full length CDs will be
only 10 dollars plus shipping. I accept checks or money orders and
you can now purchase CDs directly via my website!
Please see my website for reviews of all these recordings.
Currently available Cds include:

"Rain Sketch (for Eri) solo 3 inch CD (Plays on regular Cd players!)
(only 8 dollars)
-The Space Between w/ Barre Phillips
-Between/ Waves w/ Chris Brown, Pauline Oliveros and Dana Reason and Jon Raskin
-Purple Wind (with Miya Masaoka, Gino Robair and others) only 12
copies left and then it will be permanently out of print and
unavailable!)
-Indistancing (w/ Shoko Hikage and Brett Larner)
-Mystic Journey (w/ Abbey Rader)
-Primal Identity (w/ Dana Reason)

Upcoming CD releases

Many new Cds will be released in 2003 including:
-The Space Between w/ Joelle Leandre. the third release by the Space
Between and a followup to the critically aclaimed Space Between w/
Barre Phillips CD.
-Quartet Natto with Shoko Hikage, Tim Perkis and Chris Brown.
Audiophile recording by Phillip Perkins of a concert at the Marin
Headlands this summer.
-The Wind Trio of Alphaville "Breathless". The first release by this
2 year old trio with Jon Raskin on saxophones and Phillip Greenlief
on winds.
- the Wind Trio of Alphaville w/ Joelle Leandre The Second release of
this 2 year old trio of a wonderful concert and collaboration we did
this fall with the amazing Madame Contrabasse, Joelle Leandre!
- Solo. new pieces for shakuhachi composed by Yuji Takahashi, Pauline
Oliveros and others.

To be removed from my mailing list, please send a message with the
subject: remove

--
Philip Gelb
phil@philipgelb.com