Re: lessons on the west coast

From: daniel G. Soergel (dsoergel@juno.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 10:49:11 PST

Dear BG,

http://www.shakuhachi.com has a list of teachers on the west coast. see
"teachers directory". You can also study with my teacher Ronnie Seldin
via cassette recordings. You mail each other tapes of your playing.
People all over the world do this with him. Maybe when you travel to a
particular area you can check the directory beforehand and schedule a
lesson over the phone with a player who lives near. Most players love to
teach.

If you have a flute, you can develop basic good technique for now simply
by blowing long, full tones everyday. You may get winded at the
beginning, but week by week your sound will get richer and your lips will
learn how to coax beauty from the bamboo.

If you don't have a flute I would recommend a standard length 1.8
shakuhachi for about $300. from monty levinson.

And I hope to meet you someday as well...

peace,

Dan

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com