Re: Tapering the PVC Bore

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 20:48:16 PST

> Another question. If caste bore flutes were cast
with a softer, or
> different kind of resin would they sound less harsh?

This is a rather interesting topic. About a month
ago, I made a few 1.8 flutes for such an experiment.
I made sure that the bore sizes were incredibly close
before I continued on. Impossible, by the way.... But
I did my best.

Ok, so...The first flute had a natural bore. The
second flute, had an epoxy resin bore and I used
Verethane on the third.

Oddly, I'm more attracted to the tonal variances the
Verethane bore offered. It seemed like an interesting
cross between the natural and epoxy bore. Not too
harsh but not quite soft either.

Has anyone else used verethane in this fashion? Or,
am I the only "crack-head" in the room :)?

Thanks,
Isaac

=====