Re: Washing off urushi?

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 15:07:03 PST

>Bruce,

I also am extremely sensitive to urushi. It started about 5 years
ago (after no problems for over 25 years). At first I couldn't play
a new flute for about one week. Then several months. Now it's even
longer. I however don't have a skin reaction. I get dizzy and my
neck and shoulders tighten up. I feel strange for several hours.
It's a strong allergic reaction but different than the usual skin one
lots of people have. It's not from contact but from breathing the
fumes urushi gives off.

  Fortunately I have some very good older shakuhachi that don't affect
me at all.

I would really like to know of some cure for this, but can't imagine
what that would be.

Peter

--
Peter Ross