Re: Washing off urushi?

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 17:55:24 PST

>From: Bill Fletcher <bill@scienceandart.com>
>Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:45:37 -0800

>Reactions to poisonous plants actually get worse not better with time .
>
>[snip!]
>
>So the more the exposure, the better and stronger the bodies
>defense gets.

I think I missed something here. I agree, from sad experience, that
the more often I am exposed to urushi (and the posion oak down in the
local canyons), the more violent the reaction.

So, who's "bodies" are getting stronger? The little bugs that make
me break out like a 6 year old with the measles?

Or should my body be getting stronger (read, "more able to resist
the infection") and I'm doing something wrong?

BTW: I'm investigating homeopathy as a way of possible building up
some immunity to the problem. I'll keep the list posted.

bj

-