cashew urushi

From: Aiko Ichimura (aikop@erols.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 05:08:56 PST

Hi all,

I've just returned from Japan. At the Narita Airport I was stopped and my
bags were opened. What they didn't like was a bottles of cashew Urushi paint
that I needed for fixing ceramics( Kintsugi) with cashew and gold powder. I
had two containers and to my great disappointment, they were confiscated.

Now I wonder what I could buy to replace this very high quality cashew
urushi paint. If you have any information, I would appreciate it very much.

Aiko Ichimura
aikop@erols.com