Re: Zen practice connection

From: Dan Gutwein (dfgutw@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 11:28:42 PST

Patrick,

I am a beginning "sitter" and have been playing shakuhachi for 2 years -
studying with Ronnie. I've been spending the first 15 min. of practice
time playing RO and meditating as I play - but have found recently that I
need to sit and do nothing - that that is much better. I don't study Zen
with a teacher but am reading a lot of Pema Chodron, whom I find to be
absolutely right about what I need. Anyway - I would love to see how this
shakuhachi/Zen connection thing works out - would love to see what other
people do.

Dan