PVC Shakuhachi

From: Wayne Young (zenmagick@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 21:04:25 PST

--0-513480849-1042175065=:2426

Hello All,

I want to thank all of the people who have e-mailed me over the last month with information and encouragement. As you may recall, I am living in New Orleans, not a hot bed for the shakuhachi and my current income precludes the purchase of a good shakuhachi. Using info found on the web and some determination on my part, I have completed a PVC 1.8 D shakuhachi. I am able to get it to sound about half of the time and when I do it is very close to true pitch. In the coming days, I plan on ordering a playing guide from shakuhachi.com. In the meantime, I will just keep practicing blowing. Anyone interested in seeing pics of the shakuhachi can do so at http://www.geocities.com/zenmagick/shaku.html

Zen Magick