First Vancouver Shakuhachi Events of 2003

From: Sandra and Alcvin Ramos (ramos@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 14:51:48 PST

Dear All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful vacation. Here are the first shakuhachi
flute related events of 2003 in Vancouver. May your year be blessed with
grace and beauty!

--Alcvin

Shakuhachi: the Zen Flute of Japan
a brief talk and demonstration by Alcvin Ramos Shihan
Sponsored by the Langara College Pacific Rim Studies Group

Wednesday, January 15
3:30-5:30
Langara College
100 West 49th Avenue
B-building
Room 154 (2nd floor)
Admission: Free

Infomation:
Dr. Larry DeVries
Pacific Rim and Religious Studies
604-323-5737
ldevries@telus.net

Feb. 8 Sat., from 7:30 pm.
IMA (Now)
A night of poetry and free improvised music on shakuhachi, piano, harp,
strings, and voice.
$8 at the door
$5 for seniors and students
701-2088 Barclay Street

Feb. 11, 8pm @ Havana
1212 Commercial Drive
Mixtophonics Series for the Vancouver New Music Society

A night of free improvised music on shakuhachi, piano, harp, strings,
and spoken word.

Contact: Giorgio Magnanensi
Artistic Director
Vancouver New Music
604-633-0861
http://www.newmusic.org

Saturday, Feb 15, 1pm
Free Shakuhachi Bamboo Zen Flute Introductory Workshop
Place: the Tonari Gumi Social Services
511 East Broadway

Alcvin will give a brief talk one the history and philosophy of
Shakuhachi Zen Flute practice and explain the basis for creating a
strong, encompassing sound for shakuhachi and impart techniques that
will benefit players of all levels.

RSVP as we would like to know before hand how many people will be
coming. There will be flutes available to use and buy.

Feb 21 12-3pm.
Game On: Sound Installments

Shakuhachi (Alcvin Ramos)
Drums (Dylan van der Schyff)

* The three music stations will be located in the following downtown
locations:

1. Sinclair Centre (Food Court)
2. Pacific Centre
3. Vancouver Public Library

Contact: Giorgio Magnanensi
Artistic Director
Vancouver New Music
604-633-0861
http://www.newmusic.org

Tuesday, March 4, 10pm
@ The Sugar Refinery 1115 Granville
IMA (Now)
A night of free improvised music on shakuhachi, piano, harp, strings,
and voice.
$8 at the door

New Additions to the Bamboo-In Webpage!

--