Re: PVC second octave

From: WARYR@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 16:04:16 PST

--part1_79.7b520a5.2b5f3a00_boundary

Friends, Spaniards, Shakuhachi lovers, lend me your ears......

I now have a PVC shakuhachi that measures 94.5 cm in length!! Plays easily in
both otsu and kan, if I can reach the holes!!!

Made from 1 inch schedule 80 gray wall with a 3/4 inch insert about 1.5
inches long inside the utaguchi end and a 1 inch connector with insert on
the other end to simulate a root end. This thing is super for Zen blowing,
tho it takes a gentle wind to sound good. Takes my best technique to sound
constant, but I can kari a meri tune with it!

<grin>

Dave McCullen

--part1_79.7b520a5.2b5f3a00_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="DECORATIVE" FACE="Tempus Sans ITC" LANG="0"><I>Friends, Spaniards, Shakuhachi lovers, lend me your ears......<BR>
<BR>
I now have a PVC shakuhachi that measures 94.5 cm in length!! Plays easily in both otsu and kan, if I can reach the holes!!!<BR>
<BR>
Made from 1 inch schedule 80 gray wall with a 3/4 inch insert about 1.5 inches long inside the utaguchi end and a 1 inch connector&nbsp; with insert on the other end to simulate a root end. This thing is super for Zen blowing, tho it takes a gentle wind to sound good. Takes my best technique to sound constant, but I can kari a meri tune with it!<BR>
<BR>
&lt;grin&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Dave McCullen</I></FONT></HTML>