Re: Ear Problems??

From: wgviney@watarts.uwaterloo.ca
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 06:29:41 PST

Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) was developed by a neuroscientist named Pawel
Jastreboff. The basic idea seems to be habituation: a sound of the pitch(range)
of the tinnitus is presented to the ears through transducers that look rather
like hearing aids, and then the volume of this sound is very gradually reduced
over a long period.

As far as I can tell, TRT is offered only in a few major centres, and is very
expensive. (One must purchase the transducers, for instance.) It does not
always provide relief, though I gather it succeeds in some cases.

See http://www.tinnitus-pjj.com/ for detailed information.

Windsor Viney
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca