Thanks

From: Tom (tom-tom@gaea.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 16:34:46 PST

--MS_Mac_OE_3126677688_470792_MIME_Part

Many thanks to all of you who have offered various solutions to the MOS
problem. Here is the real skinny.

The operating system is actually for my oldest son, Shin, who last month
moved back to Japan after having lived in Willits, California, for the past
15 years. He's a musician and has this music hardware with software that
wants to run on MOS 9.2.2 only.

He has just ordered a 15 inch PowerBook from Apple Store Japan which arrives
with Japanese versions of both MOS 10.2 and 9.2.2 installed. The 10.2
installation disc is included with the purchase but the disc for 9.2.2 is
not. Problem is that Shin can only run on an English version of any MOS.
Apple Store Japan is not helpful at all and would not agree to installing an
English version of MOS 9.2.2 meaning that all the menus, dialog and error
boxes are in Japanese rather than English. Thus the need you all know
about. So if we can find an English MOS 9.2.2 he can trash the installed
Japanese and replace it with the English.

For the record, I've recently installed on my own iMac the MOS 10.2 Jaguar,
discovering thereafter that it is useless because the Japanese ISDN Terminal
Adapter is not compatible. So I have he choice now of going back to low
gear analog for 10.2, changing from ISDN to ADSL or living with 9.2.2. ISDN.
Interestingly, MOSs 10.1 and will connect to the internet with ISDN.

Thanks, everyone. It's comforting to have so much help at hand.

Best wishes,

Tom

--MS_Mac_OE_3126677688_470792_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Thanks</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Many thanks to all of you who have offered various solutions to the MOS pro=
blem. &nbsp;Here is the real skinny.<BR>
<BR>
The operating system is actually for my oldest son, Shin, who last month mo=
ved back to Japan after having lived in Willits, California, for the past 15=
 years. &nbsp;He's a musician and has this music hardware with software that=
 wants to run on MOS 9.2.2 only.<BR>
<BR>
He has just ordered a 15 inch PowerBook from Apple Store Japan which arrive=
s with Japanese versions of both MOS 10.2 and 9.2.2 installed. &nbsp;The 10.=
2 installation disc is included with the purchase but the disc for 9.2.2 is =
<U>not</U>. &nbsp;Problem is that Shin can only run on an English version of=
 any MOS. &nbsp;Apple Store Japan is not helpful at all and would not agree =
to installing an English version of MOS 9.2.2 meaning that all the menus, di=
alog and error boxes are in Japanese rather than English. &nbsp;Thus the nee=
d you all know about. &nbsp;So if we can find an English MOS 9.2.2 he can tr=
ash the installed Japanese and replace it with the English.<BR>
<BR>
For the record, I've recently installed on my own iMac the MOS 10.2 Jaguar,=
 discovering thereafter that it is useless because the Japanese ISDN Termina=
l Adapter is not compatible. &nbsp;So I have he choice now of going back to =
low gear analog for 10.2, changing from ISDN to ADSL or living with 9.2.2. I=
SDN. &nbsp;Interestingly, MOSs 10.1 and will connect to the internet with IS=
DN.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks, everyone. &nbsp;It's comforting to have so much help at hand.<BR>
<BR>
Best wishes,<BR>
<BR>
Tom
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3126677688_470792_MIME_Part--