Re: Reply to Nelson

From: Herb Rodriguez (Herb.Rodriguez@Colorado.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 13:35:01 PST

--=====================_80972356==.ALT

Here, Here, Nelson. Now is not the time to sleep!

Quite often, when discussions about suizen vs music comes up, or any
discussion about the "spiritual" aspects of playing shakuhachi comes up,
things stop short of really explaining the spiritual aspects of shakuhachi.
Now is another opportunity to further explain it, or at least discuss it
seriously.

Thanks for persisting with Riley to go deeper into this issue. I, for one,
am very intersected in this thread and am eager for further expansion and
clarity.

Herb

At 01/29/2003 01:35 PM, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
> > Alright class.....can we say "passive aggressive"? Perhaps a little
> nappy time is in order.....
>
>Not quite sure who or what you're referring to, but I don't think nappy
>time is in order and here's why.
>
>I met Riley here in Taos last year. He's been to my home and we went out
>for a long dinner. The guy is the real deal! He knows things and has a
>tremendous amount of experience, knowledge and passion. Riley knows who I
>am, he's looked into my eyes and smiled. The subject he brought up is of
>interest, at least to me, and from the amount of mail, apparently of
>interest to many.
>
>Riley has a natural humility and it takes a bit of staying with it to get
>him to talk directly about things. So my questions are an invitation, not
>in any way a challenge. He's thought a lot about these topics and he cares
>about them. I suspect this suizen/music business is somehow central to the
>whole endeavor. That it creates sparks indicates there's some real heat
>there. I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't understand either
>suizen or music very well at all.
>
>What I'm after is to get the discussion clarified and deepened. What I'm
>after is to REALLY find out what the suizen/music deal is about. And I
>think Riley knows. Now's not the time to go back to sleep.
>
>Nelson
>check the To: line to make sure your reply is going to the appropriate
>recipient(s).

--=====================_80972356==.ALT

Quite often, when discussions about suizen vs music comes up, or any
discussion about the &quot;spiritual&quot; aspects of playing shakuhachi
comes up, things stop short of really explaining the spiritual aspects of
shakuhachi. Now is another opportunity to further explain it, or at least
discuss it seriously.<br><br>
Thanks for persisting with Riley to go deeper into this issue. I, for
one, am very intersected in this thread and am eager for further
expansion and clarity.<br><br>
Herb<br><br>
At 01/29/2003 01:35 PM, you wrote:<br>
&gt; Alright class.....can we say &quot;passive aggressive&quot;? Perhaps
a little nappy time is in order.....<br><br>
Not quite sure who or what you're referring to, but I don't think nappy
time is in order and here's why.<br><br>
I met Riley here in Taos last year. He's been to my home and we went out
for a long dinner. The guy is the real deal!&nbsp; He knows things and
has a tremendous amount of experience, knowledge and passion. Riley knows
who I am, he's looked into my eyes and smiled. The subject he brought up
is of interest, at least to me, and from the amount of mail, apparently
of interest to many.<br><br>
Riley has a natural humility and it takes a bit of staying with it to get
him to talk directly about things. So my questions are an invitation, not
in any way a challenge. He's thought a lot about these topics and he
cares about them. I suspect this suizen/music business is somehow central
to the whole endeavor. That it creates sparks indicates there's some real
heat there. I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't understand either
suizen or music very well at all.<br><br>
What I'm after is to get the discussion clarified and deepened. What I'm
after is to REALLY find out what the suizen/music deal is about.&nbsp;
And I think Riley knows. Now's not the time to go back to
sleep.<br><br>
Nelson<br>
check the To: line to make sure your reply is going to the appropriate
recipient(s).<br><br>
&lt;a