Re: Clarity for the camps

From: Phil James (sparklingbeatnik@msn.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 07:32:14 PST

I say suizen schmooeyzen.

When practicing ANY instrument diligently, you're doing Right Concentration.
If you play with others sensitively or interact well with the environment,
you're doing Right Mindfulness. With a flute stuck in your mouth so you
can't talk, you're doing Righter Speech than usual. Get good enough to make
a few bucks playing music and you're doing Right Livelihood. Etc. etc. down
the eightfold path. There's a reason it is said of serious musicians that
they practice religiously.

OK, having just flashed my membership credentials for the Royal Apodictic
Wankers Club, and realizing I'm not already a stellar shakuhachi player or
an enlightened being, I will shut up now and go practice flute rather than
putzing around with what the Buddha would have called, at least in bad
translations, "questions which tend not to edification."