Barry Weiss' 2.8 shakuhachi for sale

From: mahaprana@attbi.com
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 20:30:33 PST

Hi to All,

I'm Josh Michaell. I'm a shakuhachi player living in Mill Valley California.
I've been enjoying reading the various posts on this list for several months
now and feel encouraged by the fact that shakuhachi is such a vibrant force
in the lives of so many that have posted messages. I have played for about
five years now and the experience of playing continues to grow richer and
more subtle. I find shakuhachi to be a powerful adjunct to my long-standing
yoga and sitting meditation practice.

My teacher, Barry Nyosui Weiss, has asked me to post a message to say that
he is selling his personal 2.8 flute. It was made for him several years ago
by Monty Levenson and has been Barry's main performance flute ever since.
Recently, he has moved over to playing Jinashikan flutes. He says that the
2.8 is of the highest quality, has wonderful tone and is easy to play for a
long flute. I have emailed photos to the Brian Franklin website for those
interested. It is a very beautiful piece of bamboo. Barry's asking price is
$1600. If you have any questions, or if you would like photos sent directly
to you, please feel free to contact me at 415.388.1795 or email me at
mahaprana@attbi.com

Sincerely,

-Josh Michaell