Re: Kokan Shakuhachi no Gakki Gaku

From: Rich Powers (rpowers@stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 13:54:47 PST

--=====================_6607330==_.ALT

It's a good idea to retract one's tongue from one's cheek before trying to
play, but the lip balm also seems to do a good job of keeping the joint of
the flute from freezing up.

Rich

At 02:34 PM 3/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Nelson,
>
>I don't know if your statement about lip balm was made in jest or not, but
>I know it helps me when my lips are very, very dry and chapped. I'm just
>careful that I don't smear it on my shakuhachi after I've applied it and
>start playing.
>
>Herb
>Maybe lip balm is the key to it all.

--=====================_6607330==_.ALT

before trying to play, but the lip balm also seems to do a good job of
keeping the joint of the flute from freezing up.<br>
Rich<br>
At 02:34 PM 3/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
I don't know if your statement about lip balm was made in jest or not,
but I know it helps me when my lips are very, very dry and chapped. I'm
just careful that I don't smear it on my shakuhachi after I've applied it
and start playing. <br>
Herb<br>