Re: spirituality in music

From: HeirPhoto@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 15:18:31 PST

--part1_162.1e34622f.2bb8d547_boundary

In a message dated 3/30/2003 6:06:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
casanosteven@hotmail.com writes:

> From the many concerts I have attended, I can sense whether the performer
> has reached this state or not, for if they have I am transported on their
> journey with them.

Steve,
We certainly do agree. I play from within, not from others written music.
Most days I simply play....occasionally I become one with the music. As my
skills improve the days I connect become more frequent. From the first time I
heard the Shakuhachi I was drawn to it. Once I obtained one and figured how
to get a sound I immediately had a respite from my busy days. Playing alone
at night on my deck or in the neighborhood park just takes me away from
everything that invades me during the day. Some evenings I lose all track of
time or what happened while playing. These are the good, "spiritual" nights.
These are why I play and why I now craft flutes for others.
Best,
Tony Miller

--part1_162.1e34622f.2bb8d547_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 3/30/2003 6:06:10 PM Eastern Standa=
rd Time, casanosteven@hotmail.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">From the many concerts I have a=
ttended, I can sense whether the performer has reached this state or not, fo=
r if they have I am transported on their journey with them. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR=

<BR>
Steve,<BR>
We certainly do agree. I play from within, not from others written music. Mo=
st days I simply play....occasionally I become one with the music. As my ski=
lls improve the days I connect become more frequent. From the first time I h=
eard the Shakuhachi I was drawn to it. Once I obtained one and figured how t=
o get a sound I immediately had a respite from my busy days. Playing alone a=
t night on my deck or in the neighborhood park just takes me away from every=
thing that invades me during the day. Some evenings I lose all track of time=
 or what happened while playing. These are the good, "spiritual" nights. The=
se are why I play and why I now craft flutes for others.<BR>
Best,<BR>
Tony Miller</FONT></HTML>

--part1_162.1e34622f.2bb8d547_boundary--