Re: shakuhachi V1 #288

From: Riley Lee (riley@rileylee.net)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 03:24:23 PST

Hello Bill, et al

I'm not sure about certain aspects of Nelson's sometimes simplistic
description of Buddhism in general and of American Zen in particular.
But I didn't notice anything amiss in his or any of the other
submissions. Maybe I missed the nasty bit.

I couldn't see any potential for abuse either, in what I thought was an
enlightening exchange of ideas, opinions, clarifications and
observations.

Finally, a poor (non-existent?) success rate may not be such a negative
thing when you're talking about enlightenment. True, there are not
many (none?) 24-hour-a-day successes walking around. But what a great
lot of wonderful spin-offs for the trying.

Riley