Re: shakuhachi V1 #288

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 09:58:19 PST

--part1_124.206c54e9.2bc0733b_boundary

Hi,
I wonder, who among us is capable of judging enlightenment? If in the deluded
state that most of us find ourselves can we even discuss the true nature of
enlightenment.
I'm a practicing Soto Zen Buddhist, a student of Zen Mountain Monastery, a
member of the Mountains and Rivers order. I've been in practice almost 10
years and I'm just about able to cache a peek of myself once in a while, let
alone pass judgment about others.
Playing the flute is just one aspect of my Zen practice. It is my art focus,
it allows me to come to center and gives me a chance to be creative.

You can reach enlightenment siting sitting on the floor facing a wall or
sitting beneath a tree for a couple of days and waking up to it. It may even
happen while cutting your toe nails.

In Gassho,
Phil Kyosei Kolman, MRO

--part1_124.206c54e9.2bc0733b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"=
Times New Roman Special G1" LANG=3D"0">Hi,<BR>
I wonder, who among us is capable of judging enlightenment? If in the delude=
d state that most of us find ourselves can we even discuss the true nature o=
f enlightenment. <BR>
I'm a practicing Soto Zen Buddhist, a student of Zen Mountain Monastery, a m=
ember of the Mountains and Rivers order. I've been in practice almost 10 yea=
rs and I'm just about able to cache a peek of myself once in a while, let al=
one pass judgment about others. <BR>
Playing the flute is just one aspect of my Zen practice. It is my art focus,=
 it allows me to come to center and gives me a chance to be creative. <BR>
<BR>
You can reach enlightenment siting sitting on the floor facing a wall or sit=
ting beneath a tree for a couple of days and waking up to it. It may even ha=
ppen while cutting your toe nails.<BR>
<BR>
In Gassho, <BR>
Phil Kyosei Kolman, MRO<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_124.206c54e9.2bc0733b_boundary--