Re: shakuhachi V1 #288

From: Nelson Zink (zink@newmex.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 10:42:50 PST

Phil,

> I wonder, who among us is capable of judging enlightenment? ... I'm a
practicing Soto Zen Buddhist, a student of Zen Mountain Monastery

Ostensibly your teacher should be able to do so. Otherwise, it's a case of
the blind leading the blind. If no one at the Zen Mountain Monastery is
capable of recognizing and authenticating enlightenment then what are you
doing there?

Your question and situation precisely frames what I've been ranting about.

Nelson