shakuhachi and glasses

From: Lucinda Gaston (thegoodog@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 09:20:48 PDT

I am a shakuhachi newbie and have been taking lessons from David
Wheeler for 10 weeks. I'm working on Kurokami and trying to
tolerate my own playing ability (or lack thereof).
I have a problem reading the music while I sit across from
David.
I keep ducking my head to read through the middle portion of my
progressive lens which, of course, makes my pitch even flatter
than it already is. Has anyone else had this problem? Any
suggestions? Does anyone make special shakuhachi glasses?

I have been a lurking reader for 2 months, so I'll take this
opportunity to introduce myself:
I'm 53 and a recovering software developer with bad eyes. I
first heard a shakuhachi 5 years ago at the world festival. At
that time I took a five day class from David, played for about
two weeks and quit. This time it seems I'm hooked!

Hope to meet many of you at Rocky Mtn. Shakuhachi Camp!

Cindy

Lucinda Gaston
Denver, CO
thegoodog@yahoo.com