Re: shakuhachi and glasses

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 13:00:33 PDT

>Hi Cindy,

When I started using "progressive" glasses 8 or so years ago I had a
problem when going down the page while reading shakuhachi notation.
I'd hit this point where things would get distorted. I had "middle
distance" glassed made up; also good for computer use. I used these
glasses for a few months for giving shakuhachi lessons. One day I
realized that I had been using my progressives for several weeks. I
had forgotten to use the middle range ones, but had adjusted to the
progressives. I no longer get distortion and must be automatically
adjusting. I think you'll get used to the progressives. It's like
when I first started wearing glasses. It felt weird to walk around
with them on for a few days.

Peter