Re: Shakuhachi Summer camp of the Rockies

From: Sperrycs@aol.com
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 12:56:33 PDT

Dear Shakuhachi enthusiasts,
 This is the final reminder announcement about this year's upcoming " Fifth Annual Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies". Dates are: Thursday June 26th - Monday June 30th,2003
Please come join our awesome, diverse faculty consisting of:
 Riley Lee (Australia)
 Yoshio Kurahashi (Japan)
 Michael Gould (USA)
 Kaoru Kakizakai (Japan)
 Chris Blasdel (Japan)
 David Wheeler (USA)
 Yoko Hiraoka - koto/shamisen (USA)

 Our curriculum includes instruction for all levels of ability from beginner to expert,a low student/faculty ratio,and opportunity for several private lessons over the duration of camp. We will have classes covering the breath of shakuhachi repertoire,including; traditional Honkyoku (Chikuho, Dokyoku,Kinko styles),Modern and contemporary music, classical Sankyoku (ensemble) playing, Jazz, techniques, and improvisation.
 For more information and for registration, please visit our website at << www.shakucamp.com >>.
 We hope to see you next month.
 Sincerely,
 Organizing Committee for Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies