Speaking of which

From: Peter H (voxsonorus@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 07:08:18 PDT

I have some flutes available for sale at

<http://shikan.org/shakuhachiforsale/>

Bruce Jones has kindly offered me some web space to list these flutes
while I work on getting my own website up and running. Aside from the
less-expensive flutes, I've also listed some master level flutes by
Miura Kindo, Aoki Reibo I, Miura Ryuho, and John Neptune.

I forgot to mention one other thing you can do with an out of tune
flute--if the ros are sharp, you can add a bit to the length, up at the
top. This is quite a job for an amateur, but a professional maker can
do that. From what I understand, a cm or less is not too risky (the
more the riskier, of course), and can bring the other notes more into
line even if they're sharper than the sharp ros.

Peter H