RE: shakuhachi V1 #309

From: Paul Cohen (paulcohen@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 22:22:44 PDT

Hola!

To answer my own question of
>>So what makes a genuine spiritual context? What meaning, vision and
value defines it?

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi has just released a new book which to my mind
perfectly answers this question for the modern age.

Good Business: Leadership, Flow and the Making of Meaning
by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0670031968/ref=pd_pym_rvi_1/103-8
626908-9123816

As he points out in this book, zen/tao/I ching (among other cultural and
religious "ways") have long been saying the same things that his
"theory" of Flow expounds.

Might be worth a trip to the bookstore:-)

Best,
pc
: -}==& (Happy face with learner embouchure and short breath playing
shakuhachi!)
(modified from Alcvin Ramos)