Re: video teaching/the pain of playing

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 12:52:06 PDT

> Ideally, all those interested in
> learning this way will be all set up and ready to go
> by that time ;-).

Hi Peter,

I'm 371% ready to tackle this concept:) So if you need
to do streaming tests, let me know.

a decent Webcam 30$ +
A good computer mic 25$
Excelent Sony mic 45$

You don't need the fastest computer in the world to
achieve a great stream with. I have a 500 mhz (Slow
by todays standards) with 384mb ram and and it is used
to stream japan/europe tv stations... While sending
emails and other internet work. The streams are
flawless and run 100% full screen as well.

I've also seen perfect streaming video/audio done on a
133mhz laptop- So I think anyone alive today with a
computer can be apart of a streaming lesson or an
on-line shakuhachi clinic.

The other advantage of streaming lessons is that the
teacher can choose the size of his class rooms. The
teacher can take 1 student at a time or perhaps 11 (
Thats provided he/she has enough bandwidth to support
that many streams).

After the teacher has selected the size of his/her
group, they can also create a waiting room for the
others who arrived late to the lesson where they will
be placed on a que. In this waiting area, the tardy
students can talk to each other to pass the time or
whatever. The major issue here would be the long
waiting times.

Now, If you created an on-line shakuhachi dojo that
features 4 teachers from around the world each with
their own classes, that could be something amazing.

I refuse to mention the profits of such venture.

Cheers,
Isaac

=====