Re: Hiki and meri

From: Timothy Larkin (tsl1@cornell.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 11:49:03 PDT

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Philip Gelb wrote:

> You are not that far from NYC. Do you go down there at all? I believe
> Ronnie Seldin teaches in Syracuse once a month which is not that far
> from Ithaca.

I have now heard about Ronnie's classes in Syracuse. One is scheduled
for September, which I intend to attend.

> How long have you been playing? Where did you get your flute?

I bought my flute from Monty Levenson in the beginning of May. Some
days I can make the notes with ease, all the way up to ha ni and ha
yon. Sometimes I can't make a single sound. The frustrating thing is
that I don't know what I'm doing differently between the first case and
the second. Fortunately, for whatever reason, the second case is
increasingly less frequent!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

--
Timothy Larkin