Re: Hiki and meri

From: Karl Signell (signell@cpcug.org)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 06:07:55 PDT

At 10:02 PM 7/16/03 -0700, Peter H wrote:
>I found out after graduating from Cornell that there was a prof there
>who played shakuhachi--that was "way" back in the 80s though. I often
>thought "if only I'd heard shakuhachi my freshman year...." Anyway, you
>could look into that.

Sounds like John Hilliard, who now teaches at James Mason University:
http://www.sai-national.org/phil/composers/jhilliar.html

>I for one have never heard of "u no san."

Kinko terminology, since the original query referred to "Kinko
Honkyoku." So many different traditions are represented on this list, I
should have said which tradition I was talking about.

Karl