Re: Shakuhachi E-Lessons

From: James Jennings (jennings@megaseattle.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 13:01:32 PDT

Hi All,

Last month's discussions of streaming video shakuhachi lessons has
made me curious. Would someone like to try it out with me, just as a
sort of proof of concept? I don't pretend to be a teacher, nor do I
ask you to be, but if one of us can teach the other a folk song or
something we might get a sense of how practical it is.

My software of choice is Apple's iChatAV beta. To join me in this
experiment you would need:
        A Macintosh running system 10.2.5 or later.
        The iChatAV software (currently a free download from Apple.com).
        A digital video camera or Firewire compatible web-cam.
        A broadband Internet connection, such as DSL or cable modem.

If you have all that stuff, please e-mail me privately and we'll work
out the details. If there are more than three of us, we'll probably
pair off.

Thanks,
James