The Awakening Bore - (and a photo thereof)

From: Derek Choice (dvc@funklogic.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 08:26:00 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C35286.0D3E7C40
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Greetings...

Yesterday morning I was doing a little dawn practice. The sun began to =
open it's eyes through the window to my left and shine on my flute... I =
tilited it slightly to the left and let the light shine through the =
holes. It was beautiful. Quite often I love to sight down the bore and =
simply admire the craftsmanship and great beauty of the high-gloss =
lacquer that appears almost metallic at times (as I'm sure is the case =
with most shaku palyers, during pauses in playing and certain =
contemplative moods; or, pausing out of frustration at the inability to =
play a complex passage?). As the sun hit the holes, it radiated =
throughout the bore into an amazing flow of light and bright red swirls. =
 I quickly wiped the slight moisture out of the bore, grabbed my camera, =
propped the flute, and took a macro digital shot of the bore, hoping to =
capture what I was seeing. It took a few shots to get the correct =
exposure and focus, but somehow it actually turned out pretty nice, and =
captured most of what I was seeing and feeling. I'm certainly no =
stellar photographer, but it is a rather neat shot that, I'm sure, is a =
familiar sight to many.

If you're curious, or just bored, it is located at =
http://home.earthlink.net/~soundwave1/bore.jpg. I resized to about 33K, =
so it's an easy download. Other than a crop-to-size, it is untouched, =
and exactly as I saw it.

Just wanted to share a small shaku moment.

:)

Derek
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C35286.0D3E7C40
        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings...<BR><BR>Yesterday morning I =
was doing a=20
little dawn practice.&nbsp; The sun began to open it's eyes through the =
window=20
to my left and shine on my flute... I tilited it slightly to the left =
and let=20
the light shine through the holes.&nbsp; It was beautiful.&nbsp; Quite =
often I=20
love to sight down the bore and simply admire the craftsmanship and =
great beauty=20
of the high-gloss lacquer that appears almost metallic at times (as I'm =
sure is=20
the case with most shaku palyers, during pauses in&nbsp;playing and =
certain=20
contemplative moods; or, pausing out of frustration at the inability to =
play a=20
complex passage?).&nbsp; As the sun hit the holes, it radiated =
throughout the=20
bore into an amazing flow of light and bright red swirls.&nbsp; I =
quickly wiped=20
the slight moisture out of the bore, grabbed my camera, propped the =
flute, and=20
took a macro digital shot of the bore, hoping to capture what I was=20
seeing.&nbsp; It took a few shots to get the correct exposure and focus, =
but=20
somehow it actually turned out pretty nice, and captured most of what I =
was=20
seeing and feeling.&nbsp; I'm certainly no stellar photographer, but it =
is a=20
rather neat shot that, I'm sure, is a familiar sight to many.<BR><BR>If =
you're=20
curious, or just bored, it is located at <A=20
href=3D"http://home.earthlink.net/~soundwave1/bore.jpg">http://home.earth=
link.net/~soundwave1/bore.jpg</A>.&nbsp;=20
I resized to about 33K, so it's an easy download.&nbsp; Other than a=20
crop-to-size, it is untouched, and exactly as I saw it.<BR><BR>Just =
wanted to=20
share a small shaku moment.<BR><BR>:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Derek</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C35286.0D3E7C40--