Re: shakuhachi V1 #374

From: Reid . (reid1898@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:54:34 PDT

Thanks, Riley. However, that site seems to be blocked.

I have just learned a little about the Tanso (thanks to Alcvin), but it is
not clear whether it has the same or a similar tradition as the Shakuhachi
(e.g., use in meditation, solo/unaccompanied tradition), or whether it is
simply the Korea folk flute. Also, it seems that it is just a single size,
without the longer/lower pitched versions.

I did see that there was a Tanso concert in Vancouver last year by a Korean
Buddhist monk.