More on Korean music

From: Brian Ritchie (nemo2000@att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 09:04:10 PDT

--Apple-Mail-4-187871775
        charset=ISO-8859-1;
        format=flowed

Hi,

I looked at the link Riley sent and followed it. I found this fabulous=20=

statement on their front page:

> =A0=A0Korean music has the old source.
>
> So far off like a deep cave. =A0The
>
> chief of world music American
>
> music has history about 200 years
>
> and European music, too. =A0Solely, our music has a tradition of =
eighty

> million. =A0=46rom the earliest times, when descend form heanven who a
>
> fairy a stream of Korean music is started. This stream is arrange =
many

> road of sounds and spread to many places. =A0Now, heading 21th
>
> century. Our nation like music and
>
> dance to music. The present day, at
>
> an exorcism place like see music
>
> and dance is together with our
>
> nation, always. =A0Though short record, see the then condition is =
very

> internationl level. =A0Around Manchuria tolerate Central asian music,=20=

> and
>
> passed to Japan or China. Koguryo and Sinra tolerate from Central
>
> asia, Buddhism tolerate from india. After long years, nation music
>
> assimilate another foreign
>
> constituent. Our music has trouble
>
> due to an inflow of the west music,
>
> the latest date.

Considering that the earliest hominids evolved about 5 million years=20
ago (but in Africa, not Korea), homo sapiens 1.5 million, I think we=20
can assume there is a bit of hyperbole involved in the claim of an=20
eighty million year history for Korean music.

I also like the part about European and American music history both=20
extending back two hundred years. Someone better tell Bach he's part of=20=

musical pre-history. Or as another great musical historian, Chuck=20
Berry, said, "Tell Tchaikovsky the news!"

Thanks Riley,

BR

--Apple-Mail-4-187871775
        charset=ISO-8859-1

Hi,

I looked at the link Riley sent and followed it. I found this fabulous
statement on their front page:

music has the old source.=20

So far off like a deep cave. =A0The=20

chief of world music American=20

music has history about 200 years=20

and European music, too. =A0Solely, our music has a tradition of eighty=20=

million. =A0=46rom the earliest times, when descend form heanven who a=20=

fairy a stream of Korean music is started. This stream is arrange
many=20

road of sounds and spread to many places. =A0Now, heading 21th=20

century. Our nation like music and=20

dance to music. The present day, at=20

an exorcism place like see music=20

and dance is together with our=20

nation, always. =A0Though short record, see the then condition is very=20=

internationl level. =A0Around Manchuria tolerate Central asian music,
and=20

passed to Japan or China. Koguryo and Sinra tolerate from Central=20

asia, Buddhism tolerate from india. After long years, nation music=20

assimilate another foreign=20

constituent. Our music has trouble=20

due to an inflow of the west music,=20

the latest date.=20

Considering that the earliest hominids evolved about 5 million years
ago (but in Africa, not Korea), homo sapiens 1.5 million, I think we
can assume there is a bit of hyperbole involved in the claim of an
eighty million year history for Korean music.=20

I also like the part about European and American music history both
extending back two hundred years. Someone better tell Bach he's part
of musical pre-history. Or as another great musical historian, Chuck