Coming to Europe

From: Sandra and Al Ramos (ramos@telus.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 14:28:09 PDT

Greetings from Vancouver, Canada,

To those interested in shakuhachi (and taiko) in Europe: I will be
touring in Holland and Belgium for the whole month of October with
Vancouver's premier Taiko group, Uzume Taiko Ensemble. For those without
a shakuhachi teacher (especially in Holland, Belgium, Spain, France, and
the UK) and are interested, I will be available for private lessons.
10/4-10/9, also from 10/17-10/23 I will have lots of time to travel to
your area and teach. Please contact me at ramos@telus.net to schedule a
date.

Uzume Taiko Performance Itinerary:

10/1 Asse
10/2 Eindroven
10/3 Cuyk
10/4 Leopoldsburg
10/9 Busheiden
10/10 Hoorn
10/11 Puurs
10/12 Tournai
10/14 Doetinchem
10/15 Purmerend
10/16 Breda
10/17 Beverwijk
10/23 Venlo
10/25 Steenwijk

          Bonnie Soon, taiko drums & percussion
          Boyd Seiichi Grealy, taiko drums & percussion
          Jason Overy, taiko drums & percussion
          Micheal ONeill, highland pipes & percussion
          Alcvin Ramos, shakuhachi, fue, didgeridoo, & percussion

Uzume Taiko creates new music for taiko drums and percussion. Japanese
bamboo flutes, highland pipes, Chinese opera gongs, Japanese percussion,
didgeridoos, marimba & vocals combined with the dance of taiko drumming.
The drummers release the flow of energy, through the music and their
bodies radiate the power of the taiko form. Their rhythms and movement
will ignite and inspire passion and spirit!

Exact locations and times of shows will be given later.

Sincerely,

Alcvin Ramos

--
Bamboo-In