Re: On tradition

From: I.M. BULB (imbulb@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 21:43:02 PDT

I tend to fall into the "Do what the teacher/senior
says" thought. And mainly because this is how you
show respect to your elders. Dont go against their
wishes.... Do what they say and nothing else.

The side effect... after XX amount of years doing what
your told, you develop the habit of doing it no other
way. You actually find yourself afraid of doing it
diffrently.

For example, my father once busted me drinking beer at
an early age- Of course he kicked my butt.
Honestly... he kicked my ass. REAL GOOD. Then later
explained the importance of a good liver. Nowadays,
whenever I think of drinking a beer, I get a little
nervous- Not because its bad for my liver but I always
expect to see my father bursting through the door in
dissapointment.

Do I drink the beer? Of course I do. But the
experience always comes to mind.

Reading these emails are rather strange to me. because
I can hear Peter playing in the room next to mine.
Honestly, I wish my yuri sounded even 1/3 as good as
his. :)

Then again, hes been playing for way longer than I :)

Cheers,
Isaac

=====