Re: About the "teddybear virus": I am sorry: Itīs a hoax ..

From: Peter H (voxsonorus@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 15:20:15 PDT

--- Peter H <voxsonorus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Always keep your virus protection on, virus definitions
> automatically
> >
> > updated, and your Windows updates current. A firewall also helps.
> >
> > Karl
>
> Or, get a Mac. No firewall, no updates, no problem.
>
> PH

A couple of people emailed me privately taking me to task for saying
they don't need to worry about viruses if they use a Mac. I did not, of
course, write "no anti-virus software." And, agreed, I was being a bit
flippant; a firewall is a good idea too, and "no problem" should've
read "in my limited experience of seven years hooked up to the internet
on a Mac." But Mac users will say "updates? To my OS? For viruses?"
And, as I replied to them privately, how many Mac users do you know
who've had virus problems, compared to Windows users? But this is a
debate that can go on longer and get people as riled up as "does the
material for a shakuhachi matter" or "yuri or no yuri?"
Okay, gotta go practice...

Peter