RE: Mundane...

From: Bill O`Connor (billo44@gaea.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 21:35:33 PDT

Apologies in advance, this is a very dull one and not at all
esoteric....

The teddy bear virus isn't a virus at all, it's a hoax virus that's been
around for more than a year. Check it out at Symantec's website
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file
.hoax.html and don't delete the teddy bear (jdbgmgr.exe) file which is a
normal file within the windoze operating system. There are however a
couple of virus threats which do target this file, details on Symantec's
page. The file has a great name though...its a 'de-bugger manager'
file.... I wonder if there is a 'bugger manger' file too?

Just in case anyone else translates Kees's e-mail...

Bill.