RE: Utaguchi Design

From: Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 16:58:53 PDT

by adjusting my milk carton plastic on the top end of my 3.6 and adjusting
to the new utaguchi, I'm managing to get a very consistent D3 with
146.2/146.8 readings... the way I have it set now, my lower lip rests just
inside the upper edge of the end cap with my chin' beard resting on the end
cap which is slightly concave... this gives me a very consistent mouth
position... talk about designing the utaguchi for a particular user! My
Utaguchi is not adjustable, but my end cap is and that gives my a great deal
of precision in terms of the way I adjust my mouth position to the utaguchi,
with the big 2" bore I am in effect putting my entire lip and chin part way
INSIDE the flute which gives me the ability to adapt to the large edge...

Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Big Sky Ranch of Arizuma: http://bigskyranch.us <http://bigskyranch.us>
Pahana's Pithouse: http://pahana.us <http://pahana.us>

"Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam,
and the deer and the antelope play.
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
and the skies are not cloudy all day..."