Re: Utaguchi Design

From: Rich Powers (rpowers@stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 22:03:30 PDT

--============_-1149989084==_ma============

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you are saying that
the third harmonic and the third octave are the same thing. I thought
that the third harmonic sounded the twelfth (kan no chi pitch, or
second octave A on a D flute). Isn't every octave above the
fundamental an even numbered harmonic?

Rich

>To all,
>
>There have been questions so I've tried to be sharpen the clarity and
>specificity. If interested, read again.
>
>http://www.navaching.com/shaku/utaguchi.html
>
>Nelson

--============_-1149989084==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
that the third harmonic and the third octave are the same thing. I
thought that the third harmonic sounded the twelfth (<i>kan no chi</i>
pitch, or second octave A on a D flute). Isn't every octave above the
fundamental an even numbered harmonic?</div>
There have been questions so I've tried to be sharpen the clarity
and</blockquote>
again.</blockquote>
cite>http://www.navaching.com/shaku/utaguchi.html>