RE: shakuhachi V1 #399

From: Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 17:07:46 PDT

I've been a practicing Buddhist for some 35 years: Zen, Vajrayana Buddhist
(Kagyu and Nyingmapa) and back to Soto Zen again... the practice has always
been the same: awareness of breath, absorption into breath, then nothing....

I've just taken up shak recently, seems like pretty much the same
practice... ;*}

> I sometimes wonder how
> many shakuhachi players outside of Japan, engage in
> buddhist pratice?

> Cheers,
> Isaac

Brett Breitwieser (brett@bigskyranch.us)
Big Sky Ranch of Arizuma: http://bigskyranch.us <http://bigskyranch.us>
Pahana's Pithouse: http://pahana.us <http://pahana.us>

"Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam,
and the deer and the antelope play.
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
and the skies are not cloudy all day..."